Sandeep Sikka, Assoc AIA, LEED AP, Partner
Sandeep Sikka has over 21 years of experience in architecture and historic preservation, which includes design and conservation of complex historic and modern structures in the US, India and UK. For Architectural Preservation Studio, Mr. Sikka has led several exterior-envelope restoration projects of contemporary and historic buildings. His work has included extensive façade repairs to terra cotta, concrete, brick and stone masonry, restoration of historic cast stone and bronze, as well as repair and replacement of windows, roofing systems, sidewalks, and associated waterproofing and drainage systems.
Mr. Sikka contributes by providing technical and scientific support for sustainable solutions and recommendations for historic and contemporary buildings and sites. With a background in the conservation science of building materials, Mr. Sikka is capable of analyzing buildings materials and their deterioration in various environments and has successfully developed appropriate treatments for their long-term preservation. He has extensive experience in the application of inorganic consolidants for conservation of historic stone façades and decorative artwork made of limestone or marble. He is an adjunct professor at City University of New York’s Architectural Technology Department (NYCCT) where he has taught since 2011. He has also lectured at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation.
- PhD candidate at University of Applied Arts, Vienna, Austria
- Certificate in Deutsche, University of Vienna, Austria, 2005
- Frederick Williamson Memorial Fellowship, Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology, University of Cambridge, UK, 2003
- M Sc Architectural Materials Conservation, Bournemouth University, UK, 2002
- B Arch, C R State College of Engineering, G.J. University, Murthal, India, 1997